What is an area chart?
An area chart is a great way to visualize the changes in quantitative data (especially those based on volume) over an ordinal or categorical scale. A variant of the line chart, the series of the area chart are filled beneath the slope, allowing for a different visual emphasis.
Can’t decide between the line chart, area chart, or time series graph? Check out our blog post to learn how to make the right decision.
How to make an area chart with Vizzlo?
Ready to create your own area chart? Follow these simple steps:
- Click on any point in the chart (indicated by red dots) to view and adjust the values for each record.
- Alternatively, use the active cards or Vizzlo’s spreadsheet to enter your data.
- On the “APPEARANCE” tab, adjust the layout of your chart.
- You can further customize the colors and fonts under the theme’s setting.
Pro tip: If your data is time-based, use the time series graph to easily visualize your series over time.
Area chart maker: key features
- Custom lines, grid, and colors
- Option to add a second y-axis
- Select from different area styles: linear, curve, and steps
- Easily convert areas to lines, or use a combination of both
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your audience won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.