What is a bubble chart?
A bubble chart is a multidimensional chart. It’s an easy choice to compare data with up to four related dimensions. While the X and Y axes work as values coordinates for two dimensions, the sizes/areas of the bubbles—defined by their radii—express the third dimension. Moreover, you can color-code the bubbles to represent categories/groups or even another data variable.
How to make a bubble chart with Vizzlo?
Make a bubble chart to present your multidimensional data effectively:
- On the tab “DATA” of the sidebar, click on the button “CATEGORIES” to name your groups and define their colors.
- Use the spreadsheet to enter your data with ease.
- Before, pasting your data into Vizzlo’s spreadsheet, make sure the number formats are matching your data source. Click on the “wheel” icons of the columns to set the number formatting.
- Explore the customization options of the tab “APPEARANCE” to choose the display options for the axes, legends, and grids.
- If necessary, drag and drop the bubbles and their labels to reposition them manually.
Pro tip: You can show the values relative to the radii of the bubbles. For this, check the box “Label individual values” in the drop-down menu “Value,” tab “APPEARANCE,” of the sidebar.
Bubble chart maker: key features
- Multidimensional datasets
- Custom number formats and colors
- Custom axes and grid
- Adjustable min/max values for X and Y-axes
- Linear and logarithmic scales
- Optional legend for categories/groups
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your public won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.