What is a bubble chart?
Many datasets contain two or more quantitative variables. You may be interested in how these variables relate to each other. To plot the relationship of just two such variables, usually you use a scatter plot. If you want to show more than two variables at once, you may opt for a multidimensional bubble chart.
How to make a bubble chart with Vizzlo?
Vizzlo’s bubble chart allows you to display up to four dimensions of your data:
- horizontal dimension
- vertical dimension
- bubble size, and
- bubble color.
Use the spreadsheet to enter your data with ease. Read our help center article on how to get your data into Vizzlo. If necessary, drag and drop the bubbles and their labels to reposition them manually. Explore the customization options in the sidebar:
- Adjust the size differences between the largest and the smallest bubbles with ease.
- To avoid overplotting, use transparency.
- Want a scatter plot instead? Set the size of the bubbles to be the same by one click.
- Color all your bubbles in the same way.
Bubble chart maker: key features
- Effectively map up to four variables at once
- Show up to two legends, one for size and one for color
- Show or hide data labels by one click
- Change the opacity
- Add a border stroke to your bubbles.
- Switch between linear scales and logarithmic scales
- Show or hide axis and grid lines
- Custom number formats and colors
- Adjustable minimum and maximum values for X and Y-axes
- Optional legend for categories/groups
Best uses for Bubble charts
- show the relationship between two quantitative variables
- use the size of the dots to represent a third quantitative variable
- make use of color to highlight a categorical variable
Bubble Chart: What's new?
We fixed the dragging of bubbles.
Values outside of a bubble are not showing up in parenthesis anymore.
Axis titles can now be disabled.
NEW Most of our data visualisations now support SI prefixes, advanced number format options for axes and shown data labels.
Easier number formatting through some changes in the user interface. Showing and hiding values is possible in the same place as you format them.
We added an option to hide axis labels.
We improved the sorting for an even smarter chart. Bubbles will be rendered by their size: largest on bottom, smallest on top so you won’t miss any observation.
NEW You can now display bubbles even if these represent negative values in your data. 🧐
NEW We added the possibility to set the minimum size and maximum size of all bubbles to your liking.
NEW We have also added an option to customize the opacity and the border width.
NEW It’s now possible to hide all labels by just one click.
And generally, we improved the overall performance of the chart.🎈
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your audience won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.