What is a fishbone timeline?
Vizzlo’s fishbone timeline displays the course of events along a time axis. It resembles a fish skeleton, with “pin bones” attached to the spine.
This timeline is ideal to visualize milestones occurring at a same point or period in time.
How to make a fishbone timeline with Vizzlo?
Follow these easy steps to make your timeline online in just a few seconds:
- Click on the “plus” button on the axis to add new milestones.
- Directly edit any element by clicking on it. You can also use the active cards in the sidebar as a support to enter your data and define colors.
- Drag and drop milestones, if you wish to reorder them.
- On the tab “APPEARANCE,” check the box “Merge coinciding milestones” to group milestones with the same title.
Pro tip: Quickly add a large amount of data into this online timeline maker by using Vizzlo’s spreadsheet. For this, click on the button “EDIT DATA IN SPREADSHEET” in the “DATA” tab of the sidebar. Copy and paste your data into the table.
Fishbone timeline maker: key features
- Custom milestone style: easy input of text, number or dates
- Automatic positioning of milestones
- Custom colors and highlights
- Optional merging of milestones with the same label