100% Stacked Bar Chart(3)
- Multiple series
- Vertical and horizontal views
- Custom number formats and colors
- Custom axes and grid
- Optional labeling of individual values
- Adjustable min/max values for y-axis
What is a 100% stacked bar chart?
In a 100% stacked bar chart, the cumulative height of the columns/bars equals 100%, and the segments display the relative size/proportions of categories.
Unlike the conventionally stacked bar chart, the 100% stacked bars don’t have different heights and don’t represent any absolute values. Therefore, they are ideal for highlighting the part-to-whole relationship of multiple data series, allowing a comparison only of the composition of the various groups.
How to make a 100% stacked bar chart with Vizzlo?
Make a compelling 100% stacked bar online and export it to your presentations and reports.
- On the tab “DATA” of the sidebar, click on the button “CATEGORIES” to name them.
- Select a column on the chart to edit it using the active cards on the sidebar.
- Optionally, use Vizzlo’s spreadsheet to enter your data more efficiently. Make sure the number format matches your source (click on wheel icons), then just copy and paste the data.
- Finally, try the customization options of the tab “APPEARANCE.” to choose to plot the chart vertically or horizontally, disable the grid, etc.
Pro tip: If you want to emphasize the absolute difference between the groups, consider creating a conventionally stacked bar chart.