What is a time series graph?
A time series graph (also referred as time series plot) is a line graph used to visualize patterns and behaviors of one or more activities/elements (e.g., currency values, stock prices, ocean tides, temperature, etc.) over time.
In such a graph, one or more time series—sets of data points indexed in temporal/historical order—are plotted together along a chronologic x-axis, allowing the observation of shared or dissonant trends and patterns. Hence, also enabling the comparison of the performance of the different datasets.
How to create a time series graph with Vizzlo?
Easily create a highly customizable and precise time series graph. Follow these steps:
- On the tab “DATA” of the sidebar, click on the button “SERIES” to name your time series. If necessary, add new rows.
- Use the spreadsheet to enter your data quickly. But, before pasting your data into Vizzlo’s spreadsheet, make sure that date and number formats match your data source. Click on the “wheel” icons of the columns to set the number formatting.
- Play with the customization settings of the tab “APPEARANCE.” Click on the X-axis and Y-axis options to set the intervals, define the scale and choose how to display of tick marks and labels.
- Click on “EDIT SINGLE GRIDLINES” to manually choose which Y-axis labels and gridlines you want to display.
Pro tip: If you would like to figure out trends over a category or value x-axis, try the other Vizzlo line and area graphs.
Time series graph maker: key features
- Multiple series
- Adjustable per-series granularity
- Custom styles: lines, filled areas and bars
- Optional stacked and 100% stacked areas
- Straight line segments or smoothly interpolated curves
- Adjustable axes and ranges
- Linear and logarithmic scales
- Optional right y-axis
- Custom gridlines
- Custom labels and tick marks
- Custom date and number formats
- Optional labeling of closing/end values
- Custom colors and fonts
- Custom shades
- Analysis lines: growth rates, reference lines, trendlines, and benchmarks
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your public won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.