What is a population pyramid?
A population pyramid (or age-sex pyramid) is a visual representation of the distribution of age and sex within a given population. The population pyramid is often used to interpret the stage of demographic transition or visualize the current/future state of a given population. For instance, a pyramid with a wide top half and a narrow base is indicative of an aging population with lower fertility rates.
How to make a population pyramid with Vizzlo?
Create a stunning population pyramid in a matter of seconds by following these simple steps:
- Click on a bar and drag the handles left or right to increase each side accordingly.
- Add additional bars by clicking the “plus” buttons on each bar. Alternatively, go to the “DATA” tab and click on “+ ADD BAR.”
- Want to quickly enter a larger quantity of data? No problem, open up the spreadsheet (tab “DATA” and copy and paste your data into the corresponding fields.)
- Explore additional customization options on the “APPEARANCE” tab to add your finishing touches.
Population pyramid maker: key features
- Custom number formats and colors
- Options for different label layouts
- Percentage mode
- Adjustable max value for x-axis
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your audience won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.