What is a tornado chart?
A tornado chart (also tornado diagram) is a variation of the butterfly chart, in which the bars are organized in descending order—the shape is similar to that of a tornado, hence the name.
A tornado chart is a graphical representation of a sensitivity analysis that demonstrates the correlation between values and a given output. By determining which variables have the largest impact on the outcome, one can assess the risk and make a decision.
How to make a tornado chart with Vizzlo?
Ready to blow the uncertainty away with a tornado chart? Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Click on a bar to start editing. Adjust the size of each bar using the handles, or use the respective cards in the sidebar.
- Alternatively, paste or import your data directly into Vizzlo’s spreadsheet.
- Adjust the look and feel of your chart on the “APPEARANCE” tab.
- Explore the preset Vizzlo themes, or customize your own in order to make adjustments to colors and fonts.
Tornado chart maker: key features
- Custom number formats
- Custom lines, grid, and colors
- Optional labeling of individual values
- Left-aligned or centered layout
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your audience won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.