What is a bar graph (or chart)?
The bar chart (plotted horizontally) and the column chart (plotted vertically) represent data by the proportional length of their bars.
Both graphs are used for comparing various categories over one variable (e.g., sales by product) or one category over time (e.g., total sales by year). Therefore, one of their axes shows the objects of your comparison, and the other, a scale of values.
How to make a bar graph with Vizzlo?
Create a great-looking bar chart in seconds. Follow these easy steps:
- Click on the columns to start editing them. For that, you can pull their sizes, edit the labels or use their respective cards in the sidebar.
- Alternatively, on the tab “DATA” of the sidebar, click on the button “EDIT DATA IN SPREADSHEET,” and import or paste your data from your original spreadsheet (e.g., import Excel files or CSV files).
- Explore the customization options of the tab “APPEARANCE” to choose your display preferences and refine the look of the chart.
Pro tip: Before importing or pasting your data into Vizzlo’s spreadsheet, make sure the number formats are matching your data source. Click on the “wheel” icons in the spreadsheet columns to see the number formatting options.
Bar graph maker: key features
- Vertical and horizontal views
- Custom number formats and colors
- Custom bar width
- Custom axes and grid
- Optional labeling of individual values
- Analysis lines: growth rates (CAGR), reference lines, trendlines, and benchmarks
- Optional sorting by value
- Adjustable min/max values for y-axis
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your public won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.