What is an organizational chart?
The organizational chart (also referred to as organization chart, org chart, organigram or organogram) is a very straightforward and intelligible plan that shows the whole structure of organizations and the relationships between their hierarchical levels. In other words, it allows you to visualize formal relations of subordination within your company or department, like who are the managers and their teams, or from whom the chief executive shall expect reports.
You can also use this diagram to map different kinds of hierarchical structures, e.g., family trees, language groups, and fields of knowledge.
How to make an organizational chart with Vizzlo?
This vizzard is an intuitive online organizational chart maker that, unlike fixed templates, adjusts its layout and boxes to your content automatically. Just follow these easy steps to design a beautiful organizational chart and map complex organizational structures in no time:
- Click on the elements to edit them.
- Use the “plus” handles on the sides of each box to add further roles.
- Alternatively, use Vizzlo’s spreadsheet to import or paste your data.
- Right-click on the boxes to promote or demote roles.
- Create separate boxes or multiple trees by adding elements on the first level of the hierarchy.
- Easily drag and drop entire branches.
- Customize your theme to match your corporate identity.
- Click on “Export & Share” to share a secure link with your stakeholders, publish the chart in your intranet or export it for your next presentation.
- If you prefer, create your organizational chart directly in PowerPoint or Google Slides using Vizzlo’s integrations.
Pro tip: Set the document size before starting to design your chart. If you will use your document in a presentation, consider splitting the departments in different slides to ensure the readability. Take a look at the organizational chart examples to get inspired!
Organizational chart template: key features
- Vertical or horizontal trees
- Name/job title and description
- Spreadsheet import
- Custom colors for single boxes
- Automatic colors for whole levels
- Optional multiple trees
Loved by professionals around the world
Visualizations your audience won’t forget
Convey abstract concepts and data with professionally designed
charts and graphics you can easily edit and customize.